Speed up you computer’s performance by installing additional RAM, slow computers are not always caused by virus or too many programs running on the background. Your computer’s performance may not be as good when it was newly bought, it’s because software updates and often time the system requirement also adjusts to a higher level.
Before you decide to upgrade your computer’s RAM, be sure to check your computer’s memory type to make sure you buy the right RAM.
Steps to upgrade the computer’s memory/ RAM
- Make sure to unplug the computer.
- Open the computer’s cover.
- Position the computer in a way that you have a clear view of the motherboard’s memory slot.
- Before you touch the hardware, make sure to have your forearm or a part of your body make contact with the system cabinet or the case.
- If you have a dual channel memory slot, insert the new RAM one slot after the first slot where your existing RAM is installed, it is nearest to the CPU.
- The memory slot is fool proof so the RAM won’t fit if inserted the wrong way. If installed properly, both ends should be locked.
- Replace the system cabinet cover, start the computer and enjoy the new speed.
I hope you learned something from this tutorial. Do leave a comment. Thank you.